However, these rich and idyllic waters are also a battleground where far-reaching colonial empires, powerful trading corporations, and ruthless pirate gangs are fiercely competing for their share of these valuable treasures.
During their journey to become the ultimate pirate kingpin, players will build a fleet of ships they can customize, prey upon lucrative trade routes, and take down rival pirate captains, memorable characters, or other players. In order to survive in this ruthless ocean, they will have to ally with other pirate captains to form the most influential pirate gang, becoming too big to fail and joining the endless struggle for supremacy of the Indian Ocean.
- Players choose their own pirate captain, select their pirate ship class based on their preferred playstyle, and evolve it with a rich RPG system. From the safe harbor of their hideout, they recruit their crew, customize their ship, and pick up on the latest rumors before setting sail. With each successful heist, as their wealth and reputation increases, the world and other players begin to challenge their ascension. Sailing alone becomes a dangerous gamble. Long-term survival depends on the ability to form the most powerful pirate gang in the Indian Ocean.
- Harness the wind system in order to navigate more quickly, shoot further, hit harder, escape deadly blows, and position to decimate victims. Stalk enemies and use a spyglass to identify weaknesses. Rally the gang to hunt and overpower large merchant ships and outsmart powerful rivals.
- A systemic shared world reacts to players' actions and challenges their ascension across multiple parts of the Indian Ocean. Players can choose their path: engage in combat solo, or team up with other players to take down factions and well-defended convoys.
- Disputed waters separate the regions of the Indian Ocean, where pirate gangs compete for riches in naval battles. Players can confront rival players in competitive 5v5 matches; a variety of game modes enable players to plunder and grow their influence.
- As the world evolves, Skull & Bones continuously tests the heights of players' skill. Vast new regions to explore, powerful ships, weapons, and enemies, along with greater rewards, draw players from across the four corners of the Indian Ocean.